Nu-uh. If you have the food, eat.

Having fasted before for religious reasons, I can tell you flat out that while I might have been closer to the spirits, my brain was fuzzy. Think three week old kiwi fruit in the back of the fridge fuzzy. People who have observed me after fasting and while intoxicated say that my hand-eye coordination, awareness of my surroundings and general level of brilliance is BETTER when I was drunk rather than if I hadn't eaten for three days. Think about that. I wouldn't let someone who was intoxicated have car keys or a firearm. I wouldn't let them take out a boat or go climbing, even if I had to knock them down and sit on them until they passed out. No way would I want to let someone that dingy have to make judgement calls in a survival situation if I had any other option.

Remember, your brain doesn't run on protein or fat, your body has to turn that into glucose, and if you don't have it, you're not making the best possible judgment calls. If you need to convert fat into glucose, then you need to eat for it to be effective- trust me, I've accepted that I'm a big boy, diets can't work if you can't exercise and won't work if you don't eat. If you don't eat, you're body goes into emergency mode. If you do eat, only a little, it is like tinder, it lets you metabolize the stored energy in your fat cells much more effectively.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.