AMK PSP vs. AMK SOL kit babbling below.

IMHO, both are reasonable "STARTER" kits with many defiances, and much overlap. It looks to me the PSP kit has everything the SOL kit does (and more) except the dry bag, heatsheet, and matches with the duct tape being about 5 times as long in the SOL kit.

Looking at the AMK PSP, and the SOL kit it; the PSP has a Omni-Seal envelope, while the SOL kit has a dry bag as the container for the kit. I like that far more than the Omni- seal pouch.

I've not seen the SOL kit in person, but I will buy one just to see what it offers, and what will fit in the dry bag. With my normal EDC of a Alox Farmer SAK, Bark River PSK fixed blade knife (neck or pocket carry), 2 Photon X lights, Fisher Space pen and Rite in the Rain pad, supplemented AMK .3 FAK, a small hank of 2mm cord, 2 large bandannas; I can see a supplemented SOL kit working for me. I bet I can easily add a spark-lite, more tinder quick, small ALOX SAK (I HATE razor blades or scalpels in a kit), MP-1's, fish line and cord, the fishing kits could be combined(I added more to the PSP vial too), Waterproof Survival Instructions from a AMK PSP, wire, and whatever else I might be able to fit in. Perhaps combining the best parts of the SOL and PSP Kit, and adding supplemental items, one could build a very reasonable kit.

I'd make a bet one could boil in the dry bag if one were careful, using the hot rock method. Not sure how much it will hold though.

I wonder if it is a 1 or the 1/2 person AMK heatsheet?

I'll head to EMS today to see if they have a SOL in stock.

Supply list of each.

SOL Survival Pak - $25.00
Weight: 4.6 oz
Size: 3.75" x 6" x 1"

Survival
1..... Heatsheet Survival Blanket
1..... Duct Tape, 2" x 100"
1..... Mini Rescue Flash Signal Mirror
1..... Waterproof Matches in Vial (8)
1..... Compass, Button, Liquid Filled
1..... Fishing Gear in Vial
1..... Tinder Quick™ Firestarter
1..... Mini Rescue Howler Whistle

Pocket Survival Pak™ - $33.00
Weight: 3.9 oz
Size: 4" x 5" x 0.652"

Survival
1..... Signal Mirror, Rescue Flash™
1..... Spark-Lite™ Fire Starter
4..... Tinder Quick™ Firestarter
1..... Whistle, Rescue Howler™
1..... Waterproof Survival Instructions
1..... Duct Tape, 2" x 26"
1..... Scalpel with Handle, Sterile, Disposable, #22 Blade
1..... Aluminum Foil, Heavy Duty, 3 Sq. Ft.
1..... Waterproof Paper
1..... Fresnel Magnifier
6..... Safety Wire, Stainless Steel, (6 ft of 0.020")
1..... Sewing Thread, Bobbin #69, Nylon
10.... Nylon Cord, #18, Braided, (10 ft. 100lb test)
1..... Sewing Needle, #18, Chenille
4..... Fish Hook, #10
2..... Split Shot, Lead B
1..... Snap Swivel, Size 12
1..... Pencil
1..... Pocket Survival Pak Contents List
4..... Safety Pins