Well, I didn't specify which knife I carry daily because it will make most readers here laugh out lout. But since you asked, I'll admit that my daily cary knife is a Victorinox Swiss Army Classic silver alox. Yes, it's pretty whimpy. My preferences fall into the ultralight-ultracompact end of the spectrum. Also keep in mind that my "daily carry" activities include little more than being at home, in my car, in my office, or at the local grocery store, etc. I'm not a pilot, Coastguardsman, rescue worker, etc, like some other folks in this forum (I'm an accountant). I upgrade to a more-substantial Spyderco Delica locking folder when I venture into the woods.<br><br>I've posted here about my Micro Kit a while back, but I can cut and paste my contents list again easily enough. It is intended to be a tiny collection of just a few of the smallest essentials in a size comparable to a zippo lighter to easily ride in a front pants pocket or shirt pocket. There is no container except the vacuum bag it is sealed in. It's handy for those times I wouldn't want to carry anything bulkier; also just to keep in my pocket in case I get separated from my other gear.<br><br>vacuum packed together:<br> FIRE STARTING<br> lighter, Cricket pocket electronic (3/01)<br> rubber band for tinder, extra-thick<br> trick birthday candle <br> vacuum bag can also be used as tinder<br> SIGNALLING<br> Acme Tornado Whistle (2/01)<br> retro-reflective tape on whistle<br> NAVIGATION<br> compass, 15mm button with reflective tape on bottom (11/00), works in package<br> MEDICAL<br> 2 medicated band-aids (4/01), 3M Nexcare<br> (needle from tools group)<br> TOOLS<br> razor blade, single-edge (1/01)<br> sharp needle<br> paper clip to reclose package after opening, or to provide wire for improvising<br> FOOD<br> 2 fish hooks<br> 12 lb monofilament line <br> Trilene Knot Diagram<br><br>As for the other kit I mentioned, the "mini-kit", it is just my version of what Doug describes on this website as his "small personal survival kit." I meant to use that terminology. I could go into details about how mine differs, but Doug's is a better example of an ideal kit and I don't have anything useful to add to what he has provided on that topic. My differences are mostly the result of compromises I made to save money or time or effort based on what I had on-hand and wouldn't be relevant to anyone else. Mine would technically fit into a hip pocket, but it's a bit bulky for comfortable carry, so I usually carry it in a fanny pack at times I would be wearing a fanny pack anyway (typically on a hike). I carry it along with the water bottle I normally cary and my usual trail necessities such as snacks, map, compass, 2 medicated band-aids, pepper spray (for dogs), folding knife, maybe a cell phone. If cold weather is a possibility, an emergency tube shelter may go in also.<br><br>