First, you've got a problem with your statement. "[A]nother major shooting incident in Crandon, Wisconsin" makes it sound like this something that has happened before possibly with some frequency. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time Crandon Wisconsin has made international, or even national, news for a while.

It was a domestic issue. More than that, I won't speculate- we don't even know if killed himself or his fellow officers were placed in a situation where they had to fire on him. Not enough data yet. *shrugs* Stuff like this happens every day in every country on the planet. It is sad that happens at all, but the disgrace is that the only reasons this is making news is becuase (a) the freak in question was a cop, and (b) the US is heading into election season.

Otherwise, it would just be another domestic violence incident that escalated and in the process included others, and it would only be local news. I'd say out of respect for the dead, and the officers of Crandon and the surrounding country, it should have stayed that way.

Edited by ironraven (10/08/07 02:26 AM)
Edit Reason: clarification of meaning with a few commas- thanks OBG

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.