Watching a series of his episodes the past couple days, I am a bit surprised at what all he puts down his gullet. His inconsistencies are a bit confusing, but he does get past some of the mindset issues of what can and can't be consumed.

The everglades episode was particularly contrary. He goes to the trouble of boiling swamp water to kill the parasites and bacteria that could harm him, then picks a frog up off the ground and eats it raw. Then he catches a turtle and cooks it well done and eats it, then picks minnows out of a swamp pond and eats them raw. I would like to see him adhere to the same precautions throughout. Whatever parasites and bacteria are in the water are in the fish. Whatever the frog waddled through minutes before is getting consumed along with the frog. These are likely hazards that can be as easily avoided as was boiling the water or roasting the turtle.

His show is nonetheless entertaining, if for no other reason than to hear the usually disinterested wife criticize his methods (goes to show that my "obsessive interest" in survival is osmotically sinking in).