Using #1 you will sacrifice ride quality, handling, & maybe some tire life due to uneven wear.

#4 Works when approaching a stop. Accelerating afterward you can spend 90 seconds at 15 mpg or 30 seconds at 10 mpg. Does anybody have a stock instant mpg meter? The only ones I know of are on the hybrids. The Scangauge might do it.

#5 is a YMMV. My mileage goes up on the interstate when using cruise control. On all but the start of an up grade, the cruise sets a slightly lower amount of gas. I've set the cruise & let off the pedal & watched the instant mileage reading go up. Most grades around here are steep enough or long enough that you will have to add gas.

#6 only works if the speed limit is over 55 mph. Most gas engines are at their most efficient running between 60 & 70.

#7 will depend on the vehicle. Honda & Toyota both use this method with their hybrids. The Toyota Camry can get 35-38 mpg in the city (real world not EPA estimate). EPA City mileage on the gas only model with similar engine is 21. Getting this WILL require #4 & paying attention to the instant mileage readout.

#8 Every little bit helps.

#10 In my last truck, the AC ran better just above maximum. As far as I could tell the only thing maximum did was switch the ducting to recirculate from within the cab rather than from outside. Check yours & see what the difference is. In the 07 Camrys max fan is loud but backed down a bar or two is much quieter.

Edit: With that size engine it only costs maybe 2 mpg. I'd rather be cool than save three or four bucks a tank.

Edited by UTAlumnus (09/13/07 05:18 AM)