The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10477 - 11/12/02 12:27 AM Re: A couple of questions
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
Cool. I didn't have one at hand and all I could remember was the felt (under which I keep spare flints). Thanks for checking!

#10478 - 11/12/02 07:52 PM Re: A couple of questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

4. Regarding your question about a quick night escape, I agree that getting out alive is the only priority if you wake up in a burning building, but it recently occurred to me that I would be standing outside in the cold in my underware without even my car keys at hand. So I decided that each night when I empty my pockets, I would put the contents into a tupperware container in my dresser. Now if I have time to grab even one thing, I'll slap the lid on that box and sling it over my shoulder. If I do, I'll have my wallet, keys, flashlight, whistle, etc. I also taped a small pry bar underneath in case I need to exit a stuck window. <br><br>Then at least I could drive to a hotel and pay for a room. I keep a rain suit in the car I could use for clothing temporarily until the discount store opens the next morning. Rebuilding your life from nothing will be hard, but starting out with your wallet and keys will make it less hard.

#10479 - 11/13/02 03:10 PM Re: A couple of questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

CastAway2,<br>When I still lived in the UK I had a rucksack ready for night escape which includes my wages, torch, clothes etc. But I stopped it because most of the kit I had in there I also used in every day live so I kept transferring kit. Which got rather tiring – sounds familiar anyone? <br><br>

#10480 - 11/16/02 05:11 AM Re: A couple of questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Zippos are very good lighters. Do not buy knockoffs. Put several flints in the lighter body and have a can of lighter fuild available. They will light in extreme cold when GAZ or Ronsonal Lighters will not.<br><br>I carry several firearms at most times. My personal favorite is the AR7-Explorer. I also carry a Ruger Marksman. Both use the 22 Cal.<br><br>If by bumbag you mean a buttpack, as in A.L.I.C.E. the answer is yes. You can attach 2 M16 mag pouches to the side webb straps and people will come up to you and ask where can I get one of those. You should buy a shoulder strap that will attach to the D-rings.<br><br>Yes there is. Complete with bugout locations.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br>Mariner.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 352 Guests and 83 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.