It looks like a good kit. I think a slightly better knife would be a big improvement. The little SAK classic type knife just doesn't hack it. Otherwise, I'm not personally a big fan of the otter box for this application. It seems bulkier and more expensive then necessary to protect the contents. From what I've seen of otter boxes, I'd reserve them for electronics and other more sensitive items. But this second reservation is more of a personal preference then a matter of critical importance. I know I wouldn't find it comfortable to walk around with even a small otter box in my pocket all the time. The knife is much more critical. A twenty dollar knife and a ten dollar container instead of a ten dollar knife and a twenty dollar container would be my preference. All in all though, I think you'd get your money's worth with this kit. After all, Doug's PSP is thirty dollars and this kit is similar and has a few extra ten and twenty dollar items. Its good to see other companies offering quality survival kits.