Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#10052 - 10/17/02 08:29 AM teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi, everybody.<br>I need some info on leadership tasks, thing like: moving objects from point A to B using ropes and planks of wood,and<br>other scenarios. If you can help it would be appreciated<br>

#10053 - 10/17/02 12:22 PM Re: teamwork
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Leadership as in qualities that good leader should have and procedures he has to follow? Or... Step by step manual how to set up chain of command to efficiently lead and go thru a task (in your case moving)?<br><br>Matt

#10054 - 10/17/02 02:27 PM Re: teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

for great information on both leadership and methods of moving large objects around with only rope and planks I can strongly recommend any of the editions of the Boy Scouts Manuals.

#10055 - 10/17/02 11:06 PM Re: teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

i used to work for a youth development organisation in the uk as a team leader. the main part of my job was organising and running team building courses. if you give me some specifics of the groups that you'll be working with, numbers, ages, physical ability etc. i can hopefully help you out with some info about team building exercises. <br><br>take it easy<br><br>stuart.

#10056 - 10/18/02 04:49 PM Re: teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey, stuart<br>Thank you for the reply. I will be taking part in a job selection process, in which a gruop of 4 candidates are put together and given a task. The groups are rotated so that each member is team leader. The scenarios differ each time, but will involve getting the team and or equipment accross a real or makebelive crossing (river, or large oppening) which can't be jumped. hungh ropes, planks, barrels or stepping stones which are available. Any info would be greatly appreciated on as many different scenarios and methods or ideas you have or Web sites i could visit, diagames too. Ages: 18+<br>able- bodied<br> <br>

#10057 - 10/25/02 11:16 AM Re: teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi century, sorry it's taken me so long to reply but i've been away from home for a few days. <br>ok, so, a list of techniques/ways to solve pioneering problems, that's very tricky, the problem being that there are a vast number of different tasks you could be set and an equally vast number of different, workable, solutions for those tasks. the fact is that it'd be impossible for me to give you the answers to the problems you are going to be faced with. i've seen people who've worked with these kind of problem solving tasks for 20 or 30 years who've been stumped by a task set for them by a group of twelve year olds. the only thing i would say is that IMHO you are aproaching this from the wrong angle, if you're taking part in a job selection process then are the employers going to be looking for someone who can solve all of these tasks or are they more likely to be looking for someone who works well within the team environment thay've been put into? i personally think that worrying about solving the tasks is the wrong way to go about this i think you'd be much better off concentrating on making an overall good impression by showing that you have the aptitude to work within the team dynamic in the same position as you would be expected to within the working environment. <br>i know that's not you were asking to hear but it's the best i can do i'm afraid.<br><br>take it easy.<br><br>stuart

#10058 - 10/25/02 11:17 AM Re: teamwork
Anonymous
Unregistered

btw, i forgot to wish you good luck with job interview, i hope it all goes well for you.<br><br>take it easy<br><br>stuart

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 386 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by chaosmagnet
06/16/24 11:34 AM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.