Greetings to all,

Tonight, I had to run an 80 mile (160 mile round trip) errand for my Brother-in-Law. Being the "Preparationist" that I am, I allowed myself 10 minutes to get my BoB and weapons before I headed out.

My "at home" BoB consists of:

An Alice pack with: 4 days of rations, entrenching tool, short machete, hatchet, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, 60ft of 3/8" rope, and assorted normal survival toys;

A Combat Harness with: 2-1qt canteens, 2 canteen cups, butt pack (w/2 mess kits & assorted goodies), flashlight, compass pouch (w/compass, magnesium firestarter), an M-16 Bayonet, a USA poncho, and 2 empty M-16 ammo pouches.

The above listed items are not the only things I carry in my BoB, by any means!

I also grabbed a "Took", leather gloves, an extra pack of smokes, carbine (w/6 rounds), and a pistol (w/8 rounds), and sunglasses.

I had my normal EDC on my body, as per my usual custom.
(Buck 110, Butterfly knife, Mini-Mag light, Leatherman, 20ft of nylon cord, Bic lighter, soapstone, pocket watch, Bandanna, cigarettes, & eyeglasses)

The problem that I noticed, is the lack of ammo that I could get to because of some unusual extenuating circumstances. After speaking to SBRaider, I will, in the future, pack the spare ready ammo in a bag that will sit next to the ready weapons.

I had shelter (poncho, sleeping pad, survival blanket, and sleeping bag). I also carried a spare set of clothes (3 prs of socks, 3 prs of underwear, BDU blouse, trousers, T-shirt, Took, leather gloves, Baja jacket, and Boonie hat)

I didn't have water but I had the means to strain and purify water, the means to carry up to 2 qts of water.

I did have 4 days of rations (MRE's).

I had the means to make fire (matches, magnesium firestarter, eyeglasses, & Bic lighter).

Overall, I had time to have gotten more gear but I have also found this gear to have been sufficient. All of this weighs in around the 40-50 lbs area.