Like everyone, we're trying to figure out ways to save money.

As I've mentioned here, I am a big fan of Tracfone, partly because my trusty Nokia 1100 has survived trips through the laundry, my wife's 1100 survived the baby slobbering on it, and my son's 1100 has survived in a 9 year old's backpack for a year (yes, we give a 9 yo a cell phone, he uses it about 3x a month to call us when he's almost done with a school event)

Anyway, I also have a Blackberry 8130 Curve, and while I enjoy the data services (especially Google Maps), and Gmail to go, the reality is that the data services are playthings, and the main things I use the phone for are text messages and voice calls.

So I did an analysis of my usage for this year, and the costs I've incurred so far, and compared that to the costs I would have incurred with a Tracfone for the same use.

Anyway, here's my actual analysis:

Now I'm not selling tracfone service or anything else like that, all I'm doing here is showing you my results of the analysis*. I'll be eating the $175 Early Termination Fee and going back to a Tracfone next month.

Carry on.

*Your Mileage May Vary. Ask your Doctor if Tracfone is Right For You. Some users of this message have experienced bloating, flatulence, priapsis, hallucinations and/or hair loss. Not for use as a flotation device. This message was written in a facility that contains peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and dairy products. This is Martin Focazio and I Approved This Message.