Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#150563 - 10/01/08 04:35 AM Daughter's soccer
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
My daughter's soccer coach called in sick today so I got to help coach. I had a great time and the girls did great! I ran them a lot harder than their coach has ever done. And I think they should have run even more than they did. All during dinner, my daughter was telling how tired she was.

I am glad she actually enjoyed dad coaching. I always demand hustle in practice and games so she has always declined my offers to run drills with her outside of practice, but now she wants to. Good stuff. I might look into taking a coaching class and coach one or both of my daughters in future seasons. I really had a blast and I am pretty sure they did too.

#150583 - 10/01/08 01:57 PM Re: Daughter's soccer [Re: aloha]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: aloha
And I think they should have run even more than they did.

Note to self: if you want your kids to run a lot at practice, pick a coach that chooses a picture of Spartans as an avatar! wink

Glad you enjoyed it. We certainly need as many adults as we can get who will help our youth.

#150687 - 10/02/08 04:33 AM Re: Daughter's soccer [Re: Arney]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Originally Posted By: Arney
Originally Posted By: aloha
And I think they should have run even more than they did.

Note to self: if you want your kids to run a lot at practice, pick a coach that chooses a picture of Spartans as an avatar! wink

Glad you enjoyed it. We certainly need as many adults as we can get who will help our youth.

hehehe

Not only did I make them run, I made them run wind sprints too. First time I have seen that in my daughter's three seasons. And if they ever ask me to coach again, they will run them some more. I wanted them a little tired before we started to drill to simulate game conditions.

I got that from one of my earlier martial arts instructors. Part of our warm-ups before we started to train was lunges while striking with escrima sticks to failure. Then repeat for three sets. Then we start practice for two intense hours. I still remember hurting after those.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 385 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.