I just got back from a week's vacation in Minnesota...16 people in my parent's +150 year old farmhouse with three bedrooms and one toilet. Still, things went incredibly smoothly, mainly due to my 76 yr. old mom's amazing ability to be everywhere at once.

Anyway, it occured to me that in the event of a disaster it is quite possible for a house to suddenly be filled up with way too many people and it seemed like a good idea for a thread. several thngs that helped us get through the week:

1. Stacks of toilet paper in the bathroom. Not just 1-2 spare rolls but rather 8-10 rolls on hand within reach of the toilet. Half of the people in the house were under 12 and didn't always tell anyone if the tp was getting low.

2. Everyone had a clothespin with their name on it that they used to mark their bathtowels. 16 white towels make it hard to remember where you hung yours, but we can all recongise our names. grin

3. Twin-sized, inflatable sleeping pads from Walmart are cheap, don't take up much space when deflated and inflate fast.

Any tips or tricks you've picked up from spending time in house full of people?

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.