Before I say anything, let me make a plea: Let's please try to stay on topic and avoid debates about whether we should say or leave Iraq, or why this or that candidate/party would bring about TEOTWAWKI.

World War III: are we on the verge of the next War To End All Wars?
Looking at the current state of world affairs, it seems to me that we could be on the verge of a conflict involving most of the civilized world. The United States, along with several of her allies, is currently officially engaged in Afghanistan and Iraq, and our leader seems to be looking for any excuse to go into Iran and/or North Korea. The dispute with Turkey has troops from that nation ready to strike Iraq's border at any time. Muslim extremists continue to strike any nation they see as being Westernized. With the rapidly growing demand for oil in China, the stage is set for conflict between the Chinese and America, currently the largest consumer of fossil fuels in the world. War in Iran would likely also involve Israel and at least a few allied nations of each country involved; and invading North Korea would likely pull China into the fray eventually.
With tensions increasing among various nations across the globe, it seems that it wouldn't take much to spark military conflict that could end up involving most of the world.

So, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Edited by Erik_B (11/04/07 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.