I figured I would post this for people that are looking for a decent folding knife. I carry a Kershaw everyday and as a result have broken the pocket clips (among other things) on three different models over the last few years. While looking at their website I decided to email them about getting a replacement clip for one of my folders. They responded quickly and mailed me out a replacement pocket clip.

I also had the torsion bar break on one of my Ken Onion Speed Safe folders and I inquired about how I would go about getting it fixed. They sent me 2 replacement torsion bars and the pocket clip for my folder. But the replacement clip does not fit my folder as they changed the screw pattern. When i e-mailed them about the clip not fitting my knife, they told me to send it in to them and they would send me the new model as a replacement. I emailed them back about my reshaping the blade and wondered if it would void the warranty. Their response was that they would replace my knife with the newer model anyway. I haven't sent the knife in yet but I am debating whether I feel that I deserve a new knife in exchange for the one I have had to modify due to misuse (I broke the tip while trying to pry on something at work.)

Basically they have provided me free of charge:
3 pocket clips
2 Torsion Bars
2 sets of grip scales for model 2420T
1 blade lock
they also sent me their Torx Tool for free (basically a small screwdriver with three bits: two torx and a phillips) that can go on your keychain

In my opinion their customer service and warranty are excellent. They are one of the few companies I have found that stick to their warranties and their knives work very well for me. Sorry I was long winded but I feel that they deserve some recognition for their excellent service

If anyone wants to know the knives that I have are the Ken Onion Avalanche model 1570, Ken Onion Scallion Model 1620 (mine says Craftsman on it and has a different model number) and model 2420T Which is a one hand opening Tanto style (I think it is chisel ground) which they don’t produce anymore.

Kirby

Edited by REDDOG79 (04/06/07 07:42 PM)