Hi,<br><br>I wonder if some of you have experienced the same problems with Photon III lights as I've been having lately?<br><br>I traded an covert Photon II in green and it worked perfectly and still does for months now but I gave it as a present to a colleague who left our company.<br><br>I traded 8 Photon III's to be used as presents for our Scouting leaders (beaver, cub, scout and explorer leaders) and of the 2 that I started using (one red and one white) both have lost some/most of the microcomputer controlled modes only being capable to do full and ... make your choice... mostly half power or one flashing mode.<br><br>I read about resetting the chip by taking the batteries out for some time and that works most times for a limited time because within a couple of hours you lose some modes again.<br>It will keep the mode you set it to when it worked and off course also the full power mode (front part of switch) but I'm thinking that I have had bad luck with these # 3's and that I should have stayed with the Photon II's.<br><br>I like the way one can now chage the batteries as this has become much easier to do without the need for a miniature philips screwdriver, this makes it more survival proof in my opinion, if only the microchip worked as it was supposed to do.<br><br>Best Scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera<br>