Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#115219 - 12/09/07 04:03 PM My apologies
REDDOG79 Offline

Loc: ENGLEWOOD ,TN
I am sorry to have posted the gun control post that has now been locked by the administrators. I personally did not feel that it was that political in nature and all i was trying to do was post something that i thought some may find interesting. Again my apologies to the administrators and the other members of the forum. I have read the forum rules and guidelines and I still do not see what was wrong with my post but that is just my opinion.

I'm sorry,
Kirby

Edited by REDDOG79 (12/09/07 04:09 PM)

#115257 - 12/09/07 11:02 PM Re: My apologies [Re: REDDOG79]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

The thread was locked before I had a chance to comment on it. I saw nothing overtly political in nature about it but evidently some people thought it was drifting that way, and thus the mod felt obligated to shut it down.

I hope that other survival tools, like big knives and firestarting equipment, never become a hot-button political issue like guns have.

#115260 - 12/09/07 11:27 PM Re: My apologies [Re: REDDOG79]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
All I saw was a bunch of old clichés, some of which I didn't agree with (#23) -- nothing to comment on, not worth the bandwidth.

#115265 - 12/09/07 11:48 PM Re: My apologies [Re: Russ]
ponder Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: American Redoubt
Maybe a vote on the appropriateness of GUNS should be taken. It appears that many discussions involving them are locked.

OOPS! Voting is political! Before it is locked, I wonder what % of members find GUNS offensive to be discussed by OTHERS?
American Redoubt
N43.9668 W116.1888

#115272 - 12/10/07 12:11 AM Re: My apologies [Re: ponder]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
I'd say this is Doug Ritter's forum, and we need to play by his rules. Simple as that. There are many survival forums that have all kinds of firearms posts out there if you really want to talk guns.

#115287 - 12/10/07 12:56 AM Re: My apologies [Re: REDDOG79]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Not much of anything bothers me, I developed a thick skin long ago. But the rules are the rules, you play by them or bite the bullet...

#115327 - 12/10/07 03:25 AM Re: My apologies [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
There was nothing wrong with your post that I could see, Reddog. Somebody screamed "POLITICS!" (akin to FIRE! in a crowded theatre), I responded, and that's what did it. I ruined your post.

As I said before, the way I see it, advocating our rights to keep and bear the "item" in your post is no different than advocating our rights to keep and bear the "item" in kniferights.org. smile

#115332 - 12/10/07 04:45 AM Re: My apologies [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Not much of anything bothers me, I developed a thick skin long ago. But the rules are the rules, you play by them or bite the bullet...

Bingo!

#115361 - 12/10/07 03:18 PM Re: My apologies [Re: REDDOG79]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Once again, I'll try to clear up any confusion that exists about ETS policy. This is really simple. It's emotion that gets in the way of understanding and compliance.

The use of firearms for survival or preparedness, either for food gathering or self-defense, is a perfectly acceptable topic. You can discuss what, where, when, how and training. Any discussion that moves into the realm of defending or opposing firearms ownership or use in our society is political in nature and has no place here.

From the perspective of ETS, firearms have a valid place at the survival and preparedness table. This is a done deal from our perspective. If that concept bothers you, too bad. If you don't believe in this, ignore threads involving firearms. If discussion of firearms use bothers you too much, you are welcome to leave. If you oppose the concept of firearms ownership or use, regardless of your reasons, take your debate about the subject elsewhere. If you support firearms ownership and use, that's fine, BUT this is not the place to try to convert those who do not. The thread in question clearly delved into those areas.

This policy has developed from many years of keeping the peace in cyberspace. It's one reason we remain a family friendly environment and avoid many of the redundant and recurring flame threads found elsewhere Most of us like that. There are myriad places online to debate politically and emotionally charged subject matter. ETS is not the place.

I am updating the Rules to make this clear, as this subject seems to come up again and again.

Subject closed.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 273 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by Phaedrus
05/31/24 09:49 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.