Sparklite : wallet. no issues after 4-5 years.

mini-Bic : hip pocket. found empty after 2 years with only limited use. Retired.

Bic : front pocket on keychain. No problems after 2 years but only limited use.

Ronson : hip pocket on lanyard for about 3 years. Found empty once and refilled.

small peanut lighter : hip pocket on keychain for about 1 year. found empty with displaced rubber gasket. After I figured it out, it has remained full for several months.

small fresnel lens : wallet. completely scratched up after awhile (not sure how long as I rarely look at it. It was also cracked in several places. Completely useless for EDC. retired.

lightmyfire scout firesteel : hip pocket on lanyard for 4-5 years. absolutely NO issues. I retired the striker that came with it since I have several other suitable strikers (multitool, knife). I have had NO issues with the plastic handle coming off the ferro rod. This has seen a fair amount of use.

ultimate survival technology sparkie : pouch carry about 2 years. some sand got stuck in the spring mechanism and is no longer a single handed firestarter. not very useful. retired.

---

In summary, I have found the lightmyfire firesteel my most reliable firestarter (no moving parts) with a fair amount of use and is my primary tool. The full size BIC isn't too bad but it is subject to the same failure that my mini-bic had. The Sparklite is likely very reliable but has only seen very limited active use.