Good evening all, first off, have a happy & safe holiday weekend. Second, on to my question:
I am looking for real world experience with the Gerber LMF II knife. ONLY that knife-I have several (ok, like 10) knives kicking around, a couple of custom ones, but have had my eye on this one for more than a year. I have hemmed & hawed about picking one ever since since I saw one. Now, I would like to know how many folks here have used them, had them, have them, whatever. And, I am looking for the goods AND bads. I have read a lot of reviews on the knife, but value others members opinions here moreso than anonymous users online. I am not concerned about the price-and, I know it is SS, which is usually my second choice for knife material. What I am interested in, is when used for every day camp chores-chopping, cutting, whittling, etc-is it comfortable? Does this knife stand up to all the positive reviews I have read online? I am knife savvy, to a point (ok, couldnt resist the pun!), so comparisons to other knives is fine; I just dont need the standard "carbon steel is a better blade choice" arguments. I have a few carbon blades, that I adore, and ALWAYS go with me outdoors. I am just looking for something a little different, but robust.
So, tell me your stories with this tool; good, bad, ugly, funny, scary, whatever. Thanks in advance!