I'm looking for a propane/butane gas pocket stove... For many years I've been using a Whisperlite from MSR that besides boiling water also got my blood boiling when about two years ago started to fail me. I can always get it working after total disassembly but it fails again when needed the most. After yet another disappointment I decided to buy a stove that utilizes canisters because I saw how easy they were to obtain in South America and the US... I will probably get another Whisperlight or Dragonfly liquid fuel stove for longer times in the field or when traveling in Asia where I'm usually very high up or there are no canisters. But for now gas it is…

So I was looking at MSR mostly because I get a significant discount with them thru my work. Any recommendations on their stoves? I was primarily flipping between SuperFly and Pocket Rocket for their size but also looked at Windpro for stability. Reason I'm trying to stay away from products like Jetboil is because I do a lot of cooking (simmering etc) instead of just boiling. I mean my perfect stove would be a multi fuel stove with possibility of working on propane as well but I don’t think anyone makes it.

PS.
My whisperlite is old and got abused quite a lot (stepped on, crushed, 150 feet fall, underwater). So it is normal it acts weird but I can't afford my stove to give me hard time when climbing for two days and after being chased off the mountain to seek shelter instead of getting something warm in me I'm troubleshooting my stove.