I guess I have 3-4 first aid kit "modules" in the truck, with lots of overlap, but I had an "interesting" one today...

My son and daughter were playing soccer, when one of the other kids came over crying in pain - he had a couple of "non soccer" cuts that were being irritated by his shin guards. The woman who is the president of the soccer club pulled out their first aid kit, wiped down the kid with some iodine, and put on some antibiotic gel, and a couple of bandages, and all worked well. I let her handle it, as she IS a nurse. Thing is, I looked at their first aid kit, and if I was running a soccer league, I'd be ashamed to bring what they had. There was about a dozen Band-Aid, ONE 4x4 etc. No cold packs, no gauze, no tape, no saline/water (although there is running water at the field, so....) No moleskin

I want to make up at least 1, if not 2 kits "for soccer"

I figure, having been watch our team, plus other leagues, our big problems are going to be

1)abrasions - people slide, people trip and fall. The basically get what a bicycle rider would call "road rash" - the big things are to clean it out, and cover it. The part I never thought of - these are kids 6 to 14 - they cry when it hurts. I have no topical analgesics. Any idea what I can add (even if I have to sweet talk my MD for an Rx, and hand it to the nurse) - some sort of pain relief spray?

2)Twisted ankles - cold packs should be good, and some cling

3)Bee stings!! There are a lot of bushes with flowers near our field, so there are a LOT of bees (believe it or not, it's the first place I've seen honey bees in a few years) - a pair of tweezers etc, a clean single edged blade to get the stinger out

4)The occasion laceration from cleats - 4x4s, gauze, tape...

Any ideas? I want to supplement my truck kit (where I have everything but the topical pain relief), and I'd LIKE to "top off" the almost empty "club" first aid kit I say today, as a gift to the league
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com