It's a curious field, survival. I knew Doug was 'the real deal' when I saw 'Critter' a truck weathered down to essentials like a working ranch woman who could be anywhere from 35 to 65. A beat up truck is sort of de riquer. Thats french for rigorous use. And a knife! You have to have a knife. Lets see; Doug has the RSK. And Tom Brown the Tracker, Ron Hood the ATAX, the late Chris Janowsky the Ranger, Bear the knife recently mentioned in a post ( I tend to forget names that cost 3 very fat figures.) Davenport used to promote Swamprats and Lofty Wiseman a parang. My 'Les is Mor' special edition Mora received a tepid response ( response nothing, I didn't even rate a canadian EH!) I suppose they're weary of the heavy influence from the south ( thats us, the us of A) and have a deal brewing with the guys in Pictou. I have to question why Ron Hood is advising Bear? If video sales are flat you don't go dressing in bear suits for the competition and then outing them like a Hollywood Madam busted and threatening to publish her little black book. Again, it's a curious field. For every Les Stroud, Dave Alloway or Peter Bigfoot there seems to be some mystical force in the universe to match Ying with Yang, Or ding a' ling and give us Timothy Treadwells, Aron Ralstons and Bear Grylis. It would be great fun, if the subject wasn't actually serious. I'd just sit close to the TEEVEE like I did when I was 5 in my blanket with my RED RYDER and a bowl of raison bran to watch onetime nieghbors Roy Rogers or poor Ronnie Reagan who sort of faded from such early promise. I'll have my survival knife, curl up in the Wiggy and munch on some Mainstay with tobasco sauce and water filtered from my cat Piewacket's waterbowl (the supreme test of a filter.) Like my Grandpa used to say, " Watch wrasslin Chris, It's real and you can learn a lot for later."