About three weeks ago, I mentioned some small tins I'd found. After punching in the numbers, they were not quite twice as large as an altoids tin.

It doesn't quite look it, but the numbers are 2.125" x 3.5" x .625" for the altoids tin (4.6 cubic inches) and 3.75" x 3.75" x .625" for the larger ones (8.8 cubes), which gives me 1.9 altoid tins in these guys. The big down side is they are christmas tins- yuck, but nothing that krylon won't fix.

Everyone talks about polishing the inside of the lid to serve as a backup mirror, but how about making the tin itself a signalling device. It isn't much, but it can't hurt. The white lines allow them to be found in the dark a bit easier, and tell them apart. The red cross on the PMK is electricians tape.

The PSK is basically a consolidation of my older PSK and PSK-Aux.
-20 strike anywhere matches, lacquered, with emery board as a striker
-lighter, with a wooden wedge taped in place to prevent gas release
-sparklite
-5 tinderquiks, cotton balls for packing
-candle stub, 2 stay lit birthday candles
-utilikey (not much of a knife, but it works)
-2 x-acto blades
-P38
-water bag
-18 repacked Potable Aqua
-aluminum foil, ~20" square
-duct tape
-wire, ~4'
-4 needles
-mini fishing kit
-spectra fish line, 20# test
-salt
-2 prep pads
-10 immodium
-8 tylenol
-4 screw eyes
-5 safety pins
-signal mirror
-3 ranger bands
-~3 feet of electricans tape wrapped around the sides (switched to red during repacking, to make it easier to find if dropped edgewise in snow)

The PMK is basically my older one, just expanded.
-pair of nitrile gloves
-8 2x2 gauze pads
-6 3x1 adhesive bandages
-2 finger tip adhesive bandages
-2 butterfly closures
-water bag
-12 PA tabs, repacked
-spectra fishline (tiny, no bulk, why not)
-red electrcians tape, ~4 feet
-ear plugs (I always seem to need them after I've used a first aid kit, and not to drown out the screams of the maimed as has been proposed)
-12 tylenol
-12 asprin
-20 immodium (2 full courses)
-9 tums
-2 ranger bands
-~3' of electricans tape, wrapped around the sides

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.