I've been conducting some informal testing of Vectrus cord manufactured by Yale over the past few weeks and I really recommend it.<br><br>I'll say upfron that it is expensive - at least 40 cents a foot for the smaller diameters - but is is incredibly strong.<br><br>The 1/8 inch diameter - which is considerably smaller than paracord - has a break strength of 2,000 pounds. That's about 4x the strength. Also, it floats and is very water resistent so it doesn't pick up water and get weighed down.<br><br>The 1/4 inch has a break strength of 8,000 pounds.<br><br>I took 50 feet of the 1/8 on my last camping trip. It worked fine for rigging a tent, a clothesline, etc. I even located a six foot log that I would guess to be 300-500 pounds. With effort, I could roll it but I couldn't lift it. I tied the log to the tow hook on my truck and dragged it about 100 yards, along a fire road. The rope started to fray but it was intact even where it was dragging along the ground.<br><br>Best of all, the rope is braided, so with some patience, you can pull out a single strand to use for fishing and the like and still have a serviceable cord left. You don't have to completely disassemble it like paracord.<br><br>The 1/4 inch has a break strength of 8,000 pounds. I took a length of it and pulled my friend's Dodge Durango for about 10 yards down a gravel road. And, by pulled, I mean it was in park with the wheels locked. To be able to do that with a 1/4 inch rope is just incredible. In a pinch, I believe you could use it to pull out disabled or stuck vehicles. I wouldn't recommend it as a general practice, but then again, this forum isn't about "general practices."