In 1982, while stationed in Fort Stewart, Ga. there were 5 or 6 NightHawk helicopters flying no communication, low formation night manoeuvres from Fort Stewart to Fort Campbell, Ky. Some time just after takeoff the last heli fell out of the sky in a wooded area. The fort was notified only after the other arrived at home base and the search was on. Three bodies were brought into trauma and a forth was taken straight to the morgue. There were multiple internal injuries ie; liver lacerations, ruptured spleens, punctured lungs the usual as well as multiple fractures. The four brought in one maintained vital sings for a few short hours and then all were gone. The one individual brought to the morgue was twisted like a pretzel and I do not mean any disrespect. I heard on the news today about another heli crash without survivers. I have read on this site that one has a chance of surviving a plane crash, and have seen other on tv who have survived planes but I haven't heard of anyone walking away from a heli crash. What are your chances of making it out of a such an event? Any precautions to take to improve your chances? Several of you work in SAR, many of you may even fly in a heli. How do you equip yourself to survive in this situation? <br> Thanks Rick<br>Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>