Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8669 - 08/27/02 10:36 PM For the guy wanted a survival story. *DELETED*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by MCSE<br><br>I deleted my post because there are people who cannot handle real life situations. Survival is not safe, it is brutal and unforgiving. I do not know how to give a politically correct watered down version of a life and death struggle.<br>Do you?<br>

Edited by MCSE (08/28/02 02:33 AM)

#8670 - 08/27/02 11:35 PM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story. *DELETED*
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
Post deleted by AyersTG

#8671 - 08/28/02 12:01 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy cow, MCSE -- the dude asked a decent question. Don't take it personally...I didn't get the feeling that he was into some sort of twisted voyeuristic experience, he just wanted some been- there-done-that corporate knowledge from the old heads on the Forum. It's kind of a compliment, actually.<br><br>I recommend some Prozac and a bit of Dr. Phil on the side :-)<br><br>Mamabear

#8672 - 08/28/02 12:05 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whew...talk about the need for a basketball size Xanax laugh

#8673 - 08/28/02 01:21 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom did you say?<br><br>“Lighten up; this isn't the forum for that kind of post. Try www.verbalabuseofkids.org”<br><br><br> <br>You sir, you are being to hard on me!<br>First of all I did not know this was a kid and second I did not like you accusing me of attacking him. I did not attack, nor will I ever verbally abuse a kid. But I will write what I think and feel, I will not be intimidated by the politically correct crowd. They seem to always sugar coat bad experiences and cause more trouble than they are worth. If Chris wants to delete my post then that is his choice. <br>Mount Rainier was not a survival experience just one many tips that I have been on. Lots of people come to the mountain unprepared and under experienced and they generally have large egos. You can be nice as you want about it but that is a recipe trouble, and this comment is not implying that you or mark are in this category. If you assume this then that are you’re own thoughts working overtime.<br><br><br>I was trying to point out that survival is not a game or a story or something you want to experience. Not in any way shape or form. It is deadly and final for most. You see most people caught up in these happening die, they do not come back to tell their story, the few that do are lucky. That is all I was trying to point out. Again I say that survival is not a game or a story or something you want to experience, it is deadly and final for most.<br><br>Just for your own information do you know how many climbers have died or been seriously hurt on Mount Rainier in the last 2 months?<br><br>You can count them on two hands, and that is just the ones the papers write about. <br><br>Think about that for a while and then tell me I am being too hard. I personally know guys that have lost parts of their body on Mount Rainier. I also saw a guy with skull-spilt open from the shale; that was horrible to see. I myself almost bit the farm last year when the Van Trump glacier cut loose. Let me tell you something so you have an idea of the power of a glacier 3 weeks later there was mud 150 feet up in the trees that went down the mountain for miles. When you add this all up I do not think I am being hard. The mountain can be much crueler than I can!!!!!<br><br>Also if Mark thinks that I was too hard on him and wants and apology than I will give him one.<br>

Edited by MCSE (08/28/02 02:42 AM)

#8674 - 08/28/02 01:27 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You too!<br>If everone thinks what I said is to harsh, then maybe I should delete it. What do you think?

#8675 - 08/28/02 02:04 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have never been in a real situation, have you?<br>You do not know what it is like do you? <br>Why are you shocked?<br>How bad have you been hurt before, lets trade strories. Tell your survival experience.<br><br>Please continue.

#8676 - 08/28/02 02:17 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Kevmullins,<br><br>As you can see I deleted the post, sense all you folks were so offended. <br>Now it is your turn tell me your story, what happened to you, how bad did you get hurt. I am listening. If you guys think; I am being to hard, tell me your story. Since you know more than I do. Tell me your personal story; I will wait to hear from you.<br><br>Please continue.<br>

Edited by MCSE (08/28/02 02:21 AM)

#8677 - 08/28/02 02:59 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story. *DELETED*
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Post deleted by AyersTG

#8678 - 08/28/02 04:07 AM Re: For the guy wanted a survival story. *DELETED* *DELETED*
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Post deleted by AyersTG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 279 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by rafowell
05/26/24 09:10 PM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.