Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#6204 - 05/09/02 05:34 PM Jungle Survival Tool...
Anonymous
Unregistered

A Jungle Survival Tool in the form of a small booklet made of PVC containing the most simple, necessary but highly proven methods in surviving in a strange new world called the jungles with emphasis on navigating your way out of the jungles, potential wildlife threats, identifying poisonous, edible & poisonous plants, shelter construction, practical survival craftmanship and what to do, too, if its a group survival. All in a small booklet made of PVC so that the booklet itself will be a most important survival tool cos it will be absolutely waterproof where you can use it even in the heavy torrential tropical rain over here and all those jungle-clad countries. The contents will be based on the experiences of a reformed hardcore hunter, ex-PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. guerilla and ex-jungle special forces. It will tell you what to do in case youre lost or injured, trapped in inclement weather, lack of food supplies, looking for missing trekkers ec etc.<br>Think its a good idea and will capture the " survivalists " markets? Would also be a good way to channel some money to the Elephant Trust Fund here and get more powdered milk for my 11 month old orphaned baby elephant.<br>If youre looking for such a manual...what would you be actually looking for? I need suggestions, please. Of course... the booklet will also suggest as to what is encouraged to be brought along when participating in a jungle expedition.<br>Throw me some ideas, please.

#6205 - 05/09/02 05:37 PM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
Anonymous
Unregistered

there was an error there...not only to identify poisonous and edible plants but also..medicinal plants. I wrote " poisonous " twice!!<br>Sorry about that!

#6206 - 05/11/02 01:08 AM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Bandit, Do you have access to any contemporary survival manuals? read them and make notes of what you feel are weaknesses or overlooked pieces of information. Tie in anecdotes about the peoples and animals of the jungle. You may also consider other items; a traditional Parang with the school logo? I only found one for sale in Australia. Knife collectors love regional bladeware.

#6207 - 05/12/02 07:15 PM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another topic might include local human inhabitants. What they like, what are their customs, what not to do to annoy them, do they kidnap often, what are their weapons, what do their traps look like, have they ever perform canabalism, etc.<br><br><br>

#6208 - 05/12/02 08:34 PM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sounds like the ancient Celts of Europe who took heads as trophies, kidnapped ,raided cattle herds, invented chain mail, the short sword and whisky.

#6209 - 05/12/02 10:12 PM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Didn't we do well!!

#6210 - 05/13/02 03:25 PM Re: Jungle Survival Tool...
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
You forgot raping the horses and riding out on their women!<br><br>(Favorite line from 3 Amigos)

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
1 registered (M_a_x), 358 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.