This weekend a friend of mine lost her luggage flying to London from Sweden. She did however carry her bathroom things and a spare set of underwear in her cabin luggage. Now I need you out there to help me on the following topic: Im travelling to Malaysia this summer (jungle survival, se old post). As I will fly and stay in populated areas as well as in the jungle Im thinking of bringing a carry on-trolley with bare essential survival gear. The drawbacks are: a. size does matter and some flights limit the the carry on size to 45x35x20cm. b. the whole case cant weigh more than 13lbs (6,5kg). c. I want survival gear for both urban survival (fire, burglary-alarm) and wilderness/water-survival. d. It should be "carryable" on any flight anywhere in the world! Any real life prooven ideas are welcome. Please no armchair ideas! Im havinbg the folowing basic ideas: 15m of thin climber grade rope (6mm) for emergency repelling out of burning building, flashlight, combined smokedetector/movement sensor/burglar alarm. full set of goretex waterproof clothing (jacket+pants), Toilet kit with a roll och toilet paper, small travellers medical kit. Spare clothing to last 24-48 hours if the big bags end up in Qatar or Ulan Bator. A warm shirt or pullover. small cooking pot. Anything I missed?<br><br>Thank You!<br><br>Stefan, Sweden<br><br>