I was 14 years old, and looking for archery equipment. I walked down to the local place-bait shop/sports equipment shop, and told my story to the crusty old proprietor. I was looking at a pre-packaged set-he stopped me, and said that he could do better in used equipment. He put together a package of used and new stuff-bow, arrows, glove and arm guard, belt quiver-I asked "how much?" He looked me over, and, I swear, sniffed -and quoted a price that was within twenty cents of what I had in my jeans.

That was 45 years ago, and I still have most of that stuff, plus a couple of additional recurve bows. No arrows. I went looking for arrows, and got some plastic vane fletched arrows, which seem to work okay atshort ranges with a recurve bow. I do not want a compound bow, because I am opposed to having gears attached to my archery equipment and because I am thrifty. Maybe when I wear out the old bows...

So I need advice:
What is the experience in using non-feather fletching with traditional bows?
Is there any kind of maintenance required for elderly fibreglass bows that appear to be in good condition, and were stored unstrung..for a really long time.