I got the sample yellow trash bag in the mail, great service from the vendor and they used UPS ironically enough given the thread elsewhere on the forum.

It's 4 mils thick, measures 36"x48". What I would call a flat bag, no pleats, etc.

I think it would make a fine emergency poncho, ground sheet, bivy type sack with the following proviso, it's not long enough for a typical adult to fit in, it's simply too short. But I don't know of any trash bag in which one could lay down in other than some sort of pallet cover. One could easily pull it around your legs and sit on it to at least help keep your body off the ground.

The color is nice, should show up against dark foliage.

The only real negative is that it doesn't fold down into a very small package. I wouldn't want to carry more than 1 or 2 of these at the very most due to the size. What's nice about them is the thickness, 4 mil plastic is pretty durable, for an emergency ground sheet, poncho, bivy bag, I think it would work fine. I think 1 or 2 of these will find their way into my car kit as well as my still being built, BOB.

I'm going to order a box of them. If anyone wants a couple, let me know and I'll put them in the mail for a buck apiece plus postage. If nobody wants em, I'll have enough heavy duty trash bags to last me a lifetime...;^)

John E

Edited by JohnE (07/27/08 10:09 PM)

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen