One of my 8 year old electronic lighter finally died due to my tampering with it in an attempt to make it smaller. I use this type of lighter with my solar kit. It's another back up for fire. I had wired leads to the battery compartment and it was lighting fires using the solar cells until I tried to tear it apart and make it smaller. Despite my never ending stupidity, here is a place in the UK that still has these type lighters. If anyone who has solar cells wants to add fire with it without the magnifying glass here's a place that sells it. So far with my solar cells I can use the following with no batteries in the units running 100% off the sun---purify water(steripen), start fires (electronic lighter),charge all my battery needs (chargers), powers my GPS (Garmin HCX), power my cell phone, radios and mp3 players, and even car fans and the list is getting bigger as I keep tinkering.

Solar cells providing:
Water filtering (Steripen)
navigation (GPS)
light (Recharging batteries)
signal (cell phone)
fire (electronic lighter)
Air condition (fan)
radios and mp3 players
first aid (if electric shock works on snake bites --debatable)

And yes I know it's sun dependent, no sun then nothing. This is a luxury type back up when needed. I can walk to the store, but if I have a car I drive it. Strictly a luxury. Trying to work smarter not harder (that evolution thing).

http://cgi.ebay.com/AAA-BATTERY-FLAMELES...5QQcmdZViewItem