All,

Not to be braggin about my phsyical prowess, but I managed to do three pullups using a steel pipe threaded through three 3 foot strands of 110 lb dacron fishing line. The pullups are not the big deal, the dacron holding my 260 lb load while I carefully go up and down is the impressive part. This is like three pieces of kite string. The deal is it came out of my shoulder bag where I had it spooled up on a tongue depressor along with a bunch of duct tape and electrical tape. I strung the line over a rafter and did the pullups to show some locals. I wasn't sure it would take it, but it did fine. Paracord has its uses, but this dacron line is not that expensive, and it is quite handy. I spooled the line back up when I was done (I had to cut the knot off, darn it). Folks, this is just plain good stuff, and I can't understand why more of us don't have it in our PSKs.

Also, from a technological standpoint, anyone think of keeping a thumb drive, aka usb drive, aka flash disk in their BOB or PSK, with all kinds of useful data stored on it? A good 128mb drive is darned cheap, and I can certainly imagine where it might come in handy in certain scenarios. I keep one here, and it even has a scanned copy of my passport, my driver's license, and a few other choice items on it. If you prefer, you can encrypt all the data easy enough. It is worth considering.