Hey guys. As you can tell I am brand new here. At least as a poster. I have actually been quietly reading all of your posts for quite some time now. Finally I decided it was time to join in and become an active member.

I just finished reading "Outdoor Survival Skills - Sixth Edition" as per Doug's recommendation and let me say it was a great read and has inspired me to practice primitive "no-gear" survival skills which in turn has increased my confidence 10-fold! Once you truly master these skills you'll feel that 90% of the gear in your PSK or BOB is merely a convenience, or maybe to get the job done faster (or with one hand). Anyone serious about survival should check this out. Gear is certainly important. I have a PSK in my (and my wife's) car and I never go anywhere (except the on an airplane) with out at least a small ( no less than a 3" blade) knife. That being said, you never know when you'll be without your gear, even if you really do keep a PSK in your pocket 24/7. I receive nothing from promoting this book. It has just inspired me so much that I thought I would share my experience with others with whom it may interest. If you're interested in reading it the ISBN is 1-55652-323-8 and if you order it at Amazon.com from this link, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556523238/ref=nosim/equippedtosur-20/ you'll be supporting ETS in the process.