Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8601 - 08/25/02 10:55 AM how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

on http://www.adventuresports.com/asap/product/mpi/5basic.htm I found a tip to stop yourself from demoralising:<br>Pack of photo of your family, when in a survival situation it reminds the reasons to stay calm and survive.<br>Well this may seem common sense to you but I never thought about it. I only thought about concentrating on skills, knowledge and equipment.<br>Reinhardt

#8602 - 08/25/02 11:10 AM Re: how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally that would make me weak !!!!!! I would find it very emnotional-i suppose it's up to the personto decide how they would react!!

#8603 - 08/25/02 12:15 PM Re: how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having a photo of my family on me would keep me going. I'd want to get to them as quickly as possible. Especially if I knew that they were or could be in the same situation.

#8604 - 08/26/02 05:31 AM Re: how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

Motivation is key, but what about mental exercises to prevent boredom and lonliness? Like creating imaginary puzzles to solvc, counting things as you move, counting paces and making a game out of it, etc? Anyone have any stories/examples to share?

#8605 - 08/26/02 12:08 PM Re: how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

At first, I think the peace and quiet would be welcome to me. A time to regroup and get my head together and make sure all my body parts are intact and accounted for. Then an inventory of equipment needs to be taken and a plan of action would need to be drawn up and then implemented.<br><br>Because I'm an archer and shoot a longbow without the benefit of sights, I count my paces from one point to a specific point in the distance. It helps my mind and body come together as far as range estimation is concerned. Then when I have my bow in hand doing some Roving, I shoot judo tipped arrows at any old thing that catches my eye, which sort of ties everything together and hones my accuracy. Also, being an archer, I'd look for materials to suppliment my arrow supply and to build a backup bow. <br><br>Even though it's been years, I enjoy writing and kept a journal of events whenever I was in wilderness. A small notepad and pencil helped me to pass what little downtime I had.

#8606 - 08/26/02 08:46 PM Re: how to stop yourself from demoralising
Anonymous
Unregistered

Longbow,<br>I used to practise archery for about a year or more. On a drizzy sunday morning I got in contact with it, loved it and started borrowing a bow and some arrows to practise and take on holiday to England (I still lived in Holland @ the time). . So I started to save money to buy one. But the guy was a bit reluctant to order me one (although he was a dealer) my activity decreased and stopped when I moved to the UK. After reading what you said you got me excited. Time for a long thought and a check of my back statements.<br>Reinhardt

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 58 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.