Originally Posted By: dchang0

I've emailed Leatherman about the concept of a "repairman's multitool." For wilderness/aircraft/marinecraft survival kits, this would probably be a secondary multitool to accompany a primary, standard multitool like the Charge. One would use the "repairman's multitool" to repair higher-tech survival gear--we're not talking about rigging shelter but perhaps fixing something like a GPS receiver, aircraft console, or perhaps even a small motor like those found in a portable generator. Situations where finely-threaded screws that are usually hard-to-get-to and fine electrical wiring are common.

For now, I'd just be happy if they introduced a flat-bit extension, and I'll email them about that right now. That would make my Charge a much more functional bit driver.

Thanks again for all the replies!

I have a small kit for electronic repair made from the three leatherman squirt's (S2, P4, EL) it gives a lot of redundancy though and I'dreally like a small pair of diagonla cutters instead of scissors.
A flat bit extension would be pretty easy to make by grinding down a regular extension.