cfraser, I hear your every word. Seems like we've all been through the same situations no matter where we are...

Strange that 20 years ago you couldn't bring small screwdrivers on board a plane. I remember that as short as 15 years ago, I flew across the US with a Buck folder in my pocket. It had a 1.5" to 2" drop-point blade too, not a teeny little Swiss Army penknife. I put it through the x-ray machine and none of the screeners even mentioned it. (I think they were only trained to look for bombs back then.) Interesting that US TSA regulations were more lax than Canadian regulations.

Somebody else just posted something about the actual odds of dying by various means--I find it hilarious that people have a 1-in-5 chance of dying by heart disease vs. 1-in-325 by firearm, and yet they want to ban guns but not Big Macs. And even though suicide is banned, the bans clearly aren't working, with a 1-in-121 chance of dying by self-inflicted injury.

That last fact says a lot about our leaders' ability to "save us from ourselves," both literally and figuratively...

Oh well, until they make the multitool I need, I'll just keep carrying my Charge until they stop me at the checkpoint. These places could make a fortune if they installed coin-op lockers just outside the checkpoints. The Bit Dr. I preordered should be here in about a month and a half, which will prove useful for those more-paranoid clients.