Originally Posted By: dchang0
Though I'd void my warranty, I could probably buy two security-TORX bits and remove the four blades myself...

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should carry TWO smaller tools rather than one multitool. For instance, perhaps I could carry a tiny multitool for just the folding pliers and a tiny bit driver for everything else. Anyone ever see a super-compact, daily-carry bit driver? Something that folds into either a straight handle, L-handle or T-handle would be AWESOME!

Those are not security torx, they have 5 points instead of the 6 a torx head would have, those bits can be had but not as easily as a security torx.

When I was working as a tec I carried my wave for the pliers and baldes and carried a screwdriver with the removable cap on the end of the handle and bits inside of it. I found that even with the wave bit adapter the multi tool was still a little large for sticking down inside of places to get to the screws so carrying a normal screwdriver along with the wave gave me what I needed. Then if I needed more strength to get a stuck screw/bolt I could fold the wave bit adapter over so the wave handle would give me the extra torque I needed. I wise leatherman would have kept that approace instead of the flat bit adapter they switched to with the new wave and then added a ratchet to the bit adapter, you could then use it as both a screwdriver and ratchet wrench.