They do make plastic lids that will fit those cans. I used to collect such things when I was going through cans of folgers once a week back in the day. They aren't tight at all, but they do keep the bugs outta the food, more or less. One of those lids and some duct tape is a lot better, but still only temporary. Better still is to have another container to transfer the contents into that is more suitable for opening and closing with a more positive seal. I used to collect Plastic jars from Costco that they sold various nuts and snacks in. The lids were screw on, and fairly watertight. I would take bulk foods, including stuff in #10 cans, and load them into those jars and they would keep pretty darned good. If I went on camping trips, I would transfer most all of my dry goods into jars like that, or sometimes just use ziplocs if it wasn't too rough and tumble and I was gonna use the contents quicker.

I've seen some cans that are more like paint cans with compression lids that can be pounded on/pryed off with fairly watertight integrity. They do wear out quicker than the plastic jars, but it is an alternative.

The only other thing I can think of is to caulk the lid back in place, if you are careful and have the time to let it cure.