Michael, Mora is both a trademark and a generic name for Swedish knives made by a number of manufacturers based in that town. There is not a lot of difference between various manufacturers but most of them provide knives in several grades, both in terms of blade construction and overall assembly (hilt and sheath).

If you need a good utility blade but you're still not sure which one to pick my suggestion is to get a Mora in your preferred configuration. You won't regret it. At worst you can use it as a kitchen knife (and a good kitchen knife it will be). Personally I would pick a laminated Frost with a traditional birch grip and leather sheath, but that's just me. (As a matter of fact my primary belt knife is a laminated Frost that I mounted myself, only bought the blade). Plastic is cheaper and might last longer. 12C27 is a good stainless steel, not bad if you're worried about rust. A carbon steel laminated blade will cut better and stay sharp longer though.

Frank made some good points. Don't fall for paralysis by overanalysis. A utility knife is foremost a tool. It should be well made but it doesn't have to be expensive. It's a tool, not a fashion statement. I honestly don't care for overhyped survival knives that cost $100+. That's because in my experience a Mora or puukko will do the job at least as well and won't empty your wallet. If you lose it you can always get a new one. But out in the field it's just the kind of knife you can rely on. When I look at experienced woodsmen I have yet to see someone who carries a $100+ knife regularly. What they use day to day are simpler, inexpensive knives and here the Mora is the No. 1 choice.

Also keep this in mind - the design of Scandinavian knives has remained almost unchanged over many centuries. It's a product of a very long tradition that has proven itself time and again through hard use in a challenging environment. This is something that modern one-of-a-kind designer knives with fancy logos simply can't compare to.