I don't have most of the knives you mention, so I can give fair comments.

I have several Moras, a Buck Special, a Becker Crewman, and the Ritter Mk3. The Moras have been sent to kitchen duty in my popup trailer. The Buck Special, purchased when I was a teenager, hasn't seen the light of day for some time. The Crewman is too heavy and "tactical" for my camping trips (I've got to be careful around the Scouts).

My clear favorite is the Mk3. It goes with me everywhere when camping. It is simply a wonderful design for all-around camp use. That's in addition to my newly established faith in the S30V blades.

Don't just assume that the Mk3 is an Mk1 without the joint. It is much beefier than the Mk1. Black length & thickness provide huge tradeoffs. Doug got it just right with the Mk3.

I should also mention that I've found the folks at Aeromedix a delight to work with. When I ordered my mini-Mk1 a few years back they accidentally sent me a fullsize Mk1. They were very good about the exchange process (even though it hurt to send back a beautiful Mk1 - I already had one though).

Ken K.