I saw this on my local TV news and thought I'd pass this along.

A company is making a storage container that'll turn a bathtub into a 45 gallon fresh water storage. It looks pretty sturdy and is one of those "why didn't I think of this" type of things, called a HEWS (Home Emergency Water System)

Their website is http://www.hewsystem.com

It looks like they are just taking reservations for orders for now, but when I called the phone number on the website, they told me that they should be able to sell online by the weekend. They're working on having it in stores along the Southeastern & Gulf Coasts by summertime. Until they do, the only way to buy one will be over the internet or by phone. The guy I talked to said they're going to have a booth at a big world-wide Hurricane Disaster Conference to be held Memorial Day Weekend in Atlanta Ga.

According to the TV report, it's a 45 gallon bag made from 2-ply food grade polyetheline. It comes with a siphon hand pump, a filler tube, and caps for dispensing and storage. I guessing that it could also work outside, in a back bed of a truck, ect. Seeing it on TV, it looks real sturdy.

I guess the plan is to fill up the bag before a hurricane in the tub using tap water. Then you'll have clean drinking water for several days after. I fill up my bathtub before a big storm, but it's hard to keep the water from draining out and I'd never drink from it, just use it to wash and flush the commode. With this I would.

I got my name on the list when they start selling.
Check it out.
RobertD