Well, well, well! I stopped in at my favourite mountain shop today and, as luck would have it, these bottles had just been put on the shelves. So, I can give you my impressions FWIW.

The picture at the top of the thread is the "Backpacker" model. 32 ounce capacity. Single wall construction.

Price: more than twice that of a Nalgene Lexan bottle. (Ouch.)

To answer my own questions:

- Is the bottom thick enough to withstand some abuse?

Yes, absolutely. This thing is stoutly built, and would serve a long time. In fact, it's a lot heavier than I would like. The label says 12.3 ounces -- empty! I bet my Lexan Nalgene and canteen cup together are lighter.

- How well-formed are the threads (pressed or machined)?

Threads are machined, deep, and heavy duty. They would probably last forever.

- Are the threads compatible with Nalgene lids (for screw-on water filters)?

Yes, according to the label, they are compatible with screw-on water filters. I didn't actually try it out with Nalgene lids (no way to tell if it would seal).

- Does the top reliably seal? Many cheap bottles look good, but leak.

I didn't test it with water, but the top is very heavy-duty in look and feel, and inspires confidence. This is not a cheap knock-off item in any way.

- Can the top be removed entirely (for cooking)?

Yes. I didn't try, but it's held on with heavy cord. You may have to reattach it with your own paracord. I wasn't about to break it in the store.

- Is there a way to attach some wire for over-the-fire use? The Sigg bottles have a neck that's perfect for this.

There's a good deep lip below the threads that would accommodate several wraps of heavy wire. No problem there.

Would I trust one? Yes, I think so.

I would also want to hire a Sherpa to carry the thing for me.

Cheers,
Doug