Teacher,

Thanks.

No, I wouldn't consider putting food and water into my PSK. 1) I want to keep it smaller than doing that would allow. 2) I prefer to only carry items which are less fragile and less perishable in my PSK.

However, I should note that I always have a lot of food and water with me in my pack. When the weather is fairly cool and wet, I have a 32 ounce Klean Kanteen full of water with me. When the weather is hotter, I have 100 ounces of water in a Blackburn water bladder, or 80 ounces in an Ultimate bladder. And when it's really hot, I'll have all three... and then some.

I also always carry lots to eat. When the weather is cool enough, fine cheeses and crackers. Often salame sandwiches, and tamales. Usually dried pineapple chunks, and trail mix. Always several energy bars, and always (mostly for emergency use) a few packets of powdered bodybuilding protein drinks.

Always in my pack. Just not in my PSK, in my pocket, and tied to me.

haertig,

While the spectra cord I use is a bit slippery, as ironraven points out, there are knots it takes, and it really has never been a problem for me, yet.