First time poster
Everyone talks about guns for protection and food gathering but when comes to fishing, most people just seem to have some fishing line and a few hooks even in their BOB. I include an ultralite fishing rod and reel with 4lb test line and a small box of lures in my BOB. I also include a small fishing kit in my knife pouch and heavier fishing line for making a pole and fishing for larger fish.
I agree that deer and squirrel and other small game will be quickly depleted in a disaster. Fishing, at least in my area, should provide a supply of food for longer. There are numerous small ponds in my bug out area that will provide both a fresh water source, good place to camp and good food supply.
For bait, I have a few lures that I have learned over time work well and hooks for using insects as bait.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned in here is that when you shoot that game, that gunshot is going to attract attention in a situation where you are probably wanting to keep a low profile.
Guns are a part of my bugging out supplies, but I like to keep my options open and I really like to eat.