Hi Tom,<br><br>I just had a few spare moments to look at the forum and I saw your answer. <br>You're correct our Scouts are using CS Bushman knives a lot, we started with the original one years ago and I could sharpen it so easily and it kept it's edge long enough .<br>It is often used in the camp kitchen and it's cuts almost every veggie, fruit, bread, meat like Luke Skywalkers Light Sword.<br><br>I almost immediately wrapped the tapered grip with 2 mm black nylon braided line that I found at a professional fishing store and that is used for making long fishing lines that have hooks every 2 feet or so.<br>This stuff can in an emergency situation come in quiet handy.<br><br>I even fitted the Bushman to fit on the tip of my selfmade ratan hiking staff and the Bushman on fitted on the staff makes for a fearsome spear.<br><br>The Sheaths are junk, if you want a perfect fit with security and multiposition carry options contact Eric Noeldchen (Normark on the Bladeforums) he makes perfect Kydex sheaths for both the Bushman and mini Bushman even if asked with an attached holder for a Large Miliatry Firesteel from Light-My-Fires Sweden.<br><br>We have 3 Mini Bushman knives now in permanent use and I prefer this one over the original full sized one, the new epoxy coating works fine for us and again tightly wrap the grip with nylon line or paracord.<br>When wrapped with paracord I think the knife will not easilly fit in the supplied sheath though.<br><br>The scouts just love the bushman knives because they are sharp and light weight and handle easily.<br>I (we) love them because they are cheap and sharpen easily.<br>With my new DMT Duo Sharp diamond hone it takes about a minute to give it a razor sharpness if the scouts haven't used it to dig ground ovens or so wink.<br><br>Best Scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera