There are quite a number of .20/5mm pellets available now, and a number of them are pretty heavy- I'm sure something else would do if that particular type became scarce.<br><br>>>Will you be able to shoot outside at varying ranges as well?<<<br><br>In that respect I am very fortunate- I do shoot powder-powered pieces as well, and I'm a long-time member of a national conservation club that sponsors shooting ranges (hint, hint)... so not only do I have available ranges within 15 minutes or so of home, but the local chapter is something of a focal point for airgunning. They have outdoor ranges devoted just to airguns (10m to Field Target), and weekly evening indoor 10m practice. <br><br>That having been said, it can still be difficult to find time to go, especially in periods (like now) when I'm working long hours and have a long commute. What with packing up, it would probably take me 30 minutes from decision to get there, and longer to get everything stowed again. By contrast, I can be shooting in the basement in 30 seconds.<br><br>Besides, as out of practice as I am, I'm embarrassed to shoot in public. ;-)<br><br>That's part of the reason that I'm not rushing out immediately to buy a 21 FPE air rifle- it's too much for the basement, and the indoor practice, just because of it's availability, stands to benefit my shooting far more than the outdoor.<br><br>I need to work on a better backdrop and better lighting, but that's not much of a problem. I have an extremely heavy (as in, barely bendable) WWII-era canvas tarp for the former, and Home Depot for the latter.<br><br>I'm aware of the tricks using duct seal putty for a silent trap, but I'd rather save the lead for later re-use in black powder shooting.<br><br>