Finally got a pellet trap for the basement- looking forward to staying in practice over the winter, for once.<br><br>>>Not as many makers of the really good ones as there were 20 years ago, but there are plenty to choose from and there are more calibers available than there have ben since eary in the last century.<<<br><br>Since I have my doubts aboiut the ergo/safety aspects of side-cockers, and I insist on "iron" sights at least as a fallback, from my investigations a year or so back I had more or less resigned myself to the idea of eventually ending up with a Beeman R9 (like everyone else). However, I was startled just yesterday to run across the specs for the RWS/Diana 350. Wow. Around 1k fps in .22, or 21-22 fp. , nice lines (not just pretty, but a stock that you can acutally line up on iron sights with) and not too heavy. Unless I find some negative info, it's going on the wish list.<br><br>I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but around here, .177 and .22 pellets can be had at Wally World and the like, while .20 and .25 are only available mail order or from a very few select gun shops. <br><br>Not that it's hard to stock up on a pellet you like, but you can't cast your own like black powder ammo, and they seem to actually cost more than plinker-grade .22lr. Extra availabily can't hurt, and .22 at these velocities should be plenty for pot-hunting should it ever come up.