I didn't find anything on this after a quick search. So if this has already been discussed, I apologise.

A few things I like to do with all my packs is wrap the carrying handles with 550 cord. This way I know I always have some cordage even if I forget to throw some into the pack itself. Additionally, it makes the carrying handle a little more comfortable while carrying the pack by hand.

Secondly, I clip a large carabiner over the 550 cord wrapped handle so if I had to, I could clip my pack to some sort of static line or secure it to a bar, branch, side of truck, whatever... And it's there if I need to use it for any other reason.

One of my favorite things I found, and actually got for FREE, and you can too, are glow in the dark cord pulls. These are arrow shaped pulls with a glow in the dark insert. You can use these to replace the zipper pulls on your pack, your jacket, or any zipper you wish. What I did was use them at the end of a lanyard for each of my flashlights. You can find them here.

The link sends you to ITW Nexus. They offer free samples up to a certain amount. You do have to register, but these guys are on the ball. I had requested these glow pulls and the aqua marine whistle and literally got them two days later. So for those of you in need of a good pealess whistle, well, request a free sample.

Is there anything you guys do to your packs or have any ideas that you could do?