For a long time, the only knife that I carried with me was my primary hunting knife, a gerber folder. Recently I've been turned on to a whole new world of survival and carry knives and have been busy experimenting with different kits as well as looking at many different styles of knives for those kits. I think it's my way of dealing with everything that's happening these days and I find it to be very therapeutic.<br><br>My birthday falls in August and my sweet wife bought me a knife that I had mentioned to her in passing (daily). She got online and did some research and a few days ago my new Becker CU/7 fixed blade knife arrived. I had ordered a pilots knife for the trucks kit a week before and it still isn't here, hmmm. Anyway, she handed me a catalog that had a sale on CRKT knives, in particular the Urban Shark and the Point Guard and since I've been hanging out at a knife forum, I asked about folders and even though there were mixed thoughts on CRKT knives, some stating that they lack in steel choice but otherwise are a good choice for an excellent price, the majority seem to like the knives, especially with the new locking system on them. I can deal with sharpening my knife daily if needed. I believe that we'll be ordering one of each from this company or on ebay, whichever ends up being less money (strict budget here). I like the idea of having more than one knife in my kit. What's everybodies thoughts on the type of knife that they prefer? Both for edc and your kit.