I think the first decision relates to EDC items. If you work in an office and carry a full altoids tin with snares, fishing gear, signal mirror, etc -- well, you may be be better prepared than I am, but for what likely scenario? I have a complete BCB tine outfitted along Doug's reccomendations, but it's reserved for "off road" use.<br><br> For EDC, I combine a "mega key chain" (ARC AAA light, mini-Fox whistle (modified), bottle cap lifter, foldup Accutech Swisstool with pliers and screwdrivers, and small SAK "Executive" with scissors or occasionally a Micra, plus a fresnel in the wallet. If the number of keys you carry gets weeded occasionally, it's not much bulk, and I let the light hang from the pocket opening to reduce key wear on the pocket.<br><br> Everything else goes into my flat 3 1/4" X 2 7/8" Dr Scholl's blister pack that rides comfortably even in a suit front pants pocket (heck, it would fit in a bathing suit pocket): bandaids (2), butterfly closure, 4' twine, 1' duct tape, Photon II, button compass, mini-sewing kit, safety pins, sparker and tinder, Xacto blade, four motrin and two Bendadryls sealed in mini wrap. A couple of ranger bands wrap around it and keeps it closed, In an urban scenario, perhaps with the addition of a cell phone and a quarter for a pay phone in case of a dead battery, what am I realistically missing?<br><br> If you're camping, flying, hiking, etc., it calls for a different kind of kit and that's what I'd take for those activities. And you'd want a better medical kit, like the one I keep in my car trunk, along with a Lightwave 2000 LED 'serious' flashlight.<br><br> But it seems to me that you don't need a complete BOB in your pocket at the office -- just the items you're likely to need in an urban environment. It may mean assembling several different kits for different purposes -- but that's half the fun anyway, right?